Let’s face it, teeth are one of the first things people see about you. A friendly smile can make you look more attractive and overall better than a missing tooth.
And that’s why options like dental veneers have become very popular as more and more people are looking for ways to improve the look of their teeth.
If you’re looking to improve the look of your teeth, porcelain veneers are a great option. In this blog post, we’ll explain what they are, how much porcelain veneers cost (and their costs in places like Los Angeles), and most importantly if they’re right for you.
Before diving into how much porcelain veneers costs, it’s important to know what they are.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
These are types of veneers that are made of thin pieces of porcelain that are molded to fit your front teeth. They usually contain glass ceramics and leucite; which is a mineral that helps to strengthen it. Porcelain veneers are popular because they have a striking resemblance to the natural tooth in terms of shape and color.
Asides from porcelain veneers, there are other various types of veneers and below are some of them;
- Composite Veneers: These are alternatives to Porcelain veneers and are made of translucent resin substances which are the same materials used in tooth-colored cavity fillings. Composite veneers are often cheaper than porcelain veneers as the resin material used in making this type of veneer is not as durable as the ceramic material used in making composite veneers. They can last up to 5 to 7 years.
- Removable or Non-Permanent Veneers: This type of veneer is removable as the name implies and is considered non-invasive and non-permanent. Removable veneers often don’t require teeth reduction but the disadvantage of this type of veneer is the fact that they can be quite uncomfortable and don’t blend well with the natural teeth.
- Lumineers: This kind of veneer looks much more similar to the natural tooth than the composite veneer. Lumineers are ultra-thin and translucent so they do not require reduction or recontouring and last far longer than composite veneers.
- Palatal Veneers: Also known as palatal Onlays and mostly used to restore anterior teeth. They are mostly used for the affected part of the teeth leaving the unaffected part untouched. Palatal veneers are used to restore teeth that have suffered dental erosion that has resulted in a deep bite.
What are the benefits of Veneers & why you should use them?
If you were looking for reasons to use veneers, here are a few reasons;
- It helps to improve the look of your teeth and function.
- Closing of gaps and spaces
- They are better alternatives to traditional braces as they non-invasive and are pain-free
Benefits of Veneers
Veneers also come with a lot of benefits for your oral health and below are some key advantages of using veneers;
- They help to cover broken, discolored, and damaged teeth and make them look better
- A veneer has a strong likeness resembling that of the natural tooth so the fact that you got veneers is almost indistinguishable.
- They are low maintenance, so you worry less about the cost of maintaining them and make sure to brush and floss regularly.
- Veneers also protect your enamel and as such guarantee improved oral health.
Factors that determine the cost of your porcelain veneers
Certain factors determine how much your porcelain veneers will cost and here are a few factors;
- Location: This is one of the factors that influence how much your porcelain veneer will cost. If the location is in a high-end area like Los Angeles, the procedure will be costly. For instance, its cost in Los Angeles is around $1000 – $3000.
- Skills: This is another determinant of the cost of your porcelain veneers. The availability of the dentist, as well as his reputation, contributes to the costliness of the porcelain veneers, for instance, if the consulting dentist is highly experienced in an area where orthodontists are scarce, you are going to pay much more than in areas where there are multitudes of dentists.
- Material: The material that makes up your porcelain veneer also determines the cost to be paid for your dental procedure. For instance, the cost of getting porcelain veneers is higher than getting composite veneers as the materials used in making the former is costlier than the latter.
- Dental work & number of teeth: Additional dental work like recontouring and reshaping of the teeth could attract additional costs. Also, the number of teeth to be treated and examined also influences your budget, so in a situation whereby you require a full set of teeth veneers, you are going to spend much more.
How much do porcelain veneers cost?
As stated earlier, certain factors influence the total cost of your porcelain veneers but generally, the cost of this type of veneer range from $400 to $2500 per tooth. Composite veneers are the least expensive and cost around $400 to $1500 per tooth.
The indirect cost of Veneers
Veneer dental procedure often requires several visits and the more frequent the visits, the higher the overall cost of your procedure.
Repair and replacement of Veneers
Porcelain veneers are often touted as more durable than other types of veneers and can last for more than 10 years if taken care of you can achieve this by maintaining good oral hygiene practices.
Get Your Hollywood Smile!
Porcelain veneers are the perfect choice for getting a beautiful, healthy-looking smile. With NoHo Family Dental’s professional staff, you can have an attractive new smile that complements your features perfectly.
At NoHo Family Dental in Los Angeles, porcelain veneers and other dental procedures can be done affordably, efficiently, and with the shortest recovery time possible.
Based on years of experience in the field, our team of experts has completed hundreds of porcelain veneers and other dental procedures with minor discomfort and quick healing times.